The Millennium Group
46169 Westlake Drive
Sterling, VA 20165
Position available for an experienced cost analyst to support the NASA Marshall Flight Space Center.
Successful candidates will have expertise in space system programmatic (cost and schedule)
performance measurement (earned/value), cost/schedule integration, sensitivity analysis and trade-
This position will provide comprehensive cost analyses of NASA programs and project life cycle cost.
Support to include cost analyses and estimating, risk analysis, schedule estimating, schedule
analysis, technical assessment, economic analysis, and systems engineering support. The analysis
shall include an assessment of resources other than budget to include but not limited to manpower,
fabrication, assembly, test facilities and equipment, test beds, ground support equipment, launch
sites, communication networks and mission operations centers. The analysis shall include an
assessment of the management practices, acquisition planning, control, methods of communication
and reporting with respect to cost estimating and budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an independent cost estimate using a primary methodology (e.g., parametric), a cross
check estimate using a different methodology other than the primary, an analogy cost
estimate, and discrete cost risk analyses.
- Provide comments to facilitate the development of the Cost Analysis Data Requirements
- Provide the project's Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) ensuring all elements of cost have
been captured and annotate those elements outside of the scope of this effort and the
- Provide a list of areas of uncertainty affecting the cost estimate.
- Provide the ground rules and assumptions affecting the cost estimate.
- Provide a data collection plan.
- Provide rationale for selecting a particular set of estimating methodologies and the rationale
for not selecting other sets of estimating methodologies.
- Provide a list of primary and cross-check methodologies for major cost elements and, if
applicable, provide rationale for significant difference (over 20%) between the primary and
- Provide, if applicable, regression analyses and accompanying statistics (e.g., R2), overhead
factors, G&A factors, fees, and learning curves.
- Provide if applicable, estimate ranges, i.e., risk assessment and analyses, probability
distribution, and/or Monte Carlo simulation.
- Provide assistance, as requested, in preparation for management presentations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Be able to interpret program/project WBS
- Have knowledge of systems engineering and/or project experience and should have a
background that includes statistics and probability analysis
- Have good written and spoken communication skills
- Understand the basics of schedule and risk analysis
- Understand and be able to assess Program/project budget, workforce and other resource
requirements as they relate to ability to successfully implement its budget
- Be able to quantify risks by probability of occurrence and impact if risk does occur
- Be able to evaluate program/project cost estimating and budget processes to determine if
they are able to develop, manage and assess cost performance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in business, math or related field.
- Level 1: Minimum of 1 year experience in cost analysis and developing cost estimates
- Level 2: Minimum of 5 years experience in cost analysis and developing cost estimates
- Level 3: Minimum of 10 years experience in cost analysis and developing cost estimates
- Level 4: Minimum of 15 years experience in cost analysis and developing cost estimates, plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point and software tools such as
Automated Cost Estimating Integrated Tool (ACEIT).
- Must have satisfactory oral and written communications skills.
- Must have satisfactory interpersonal skills
- United States Citizen
The place of performance is in Huntsville, Alabama. Some travel is required.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Millennium Group International is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Senior Parametric Cost Estimator / Analyst