The Millennium Group
46169 Westlake Drive
Sterling, VA 20165
We are recruiting for the following immediate job opening. Please carefully review the MINIMUM
qualifications and respond with your resume if you are qualified. Reference the specific job interest
and years of relevant experience in the subject line of your email response to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The person selected for this position will be responsible for providing assistance to the Performance
& Worklife Dynamics Office in the functional areas of Awards, Benefits, Retirement and Quality of
Work Life and Employee Relations.
Employee Relations/Benefits & Retirement/Workers Compensation (must of minimum of 3
years of Workers Compensation experience in federal environment)
- Coordinate annual Health Fair and handle logistics with various vendors3-5 years Workers
Compensation experience in federal environment
- Provides compensation and medical benefits guidance for covered workers who sustain
employment related illnesses
- Examines illness and survivor claims for factual and medical sufficiency and legal correctness
- Conducts appropriate research and investigates to ensure that claims are consistent with
law, regulations, workers' compensation procedural manuals, and policy decisions
- Communicate with various federal agencies to process worker’s compensation cases
- Prepare various presentation and fever charts
- Purchase benefits/retirement items as necessary
- Track supervisor’s probationary information in spreadsheet/database
- Prepare materials for Lunch & Learns and other briefings for supervisor/nonsupervisory
audiences and schedule sessions into NASA LMS
- Coordinate Length of Service awards with NSSC and distribute shipment per Directorate
- Notify Administrative Officers via email/phone of Length of Service award arrivals for pick-up
- Coordinate biweekly distribution of general award certificates
- Prepare CDs for Standing awards Committee and post award call flyers
- Schedule, participate and take notes in meetings
- Prepare Directorate notebooks to include current performance plans from database
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College preferred.
- 3-5 years Workers Compensation experience in federal environment
- 3-5 years experience working in an OHCM environment
- Well organized and able to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong, excellent customer service skills and accurate data entry skills required.
- Must be enthusiastic with interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite with expert proficiency in Excel spreadsheets.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL WORK DEMANDS
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the
MENTAL WORK DEMANDS
- Regular and on-time attendance.
********* This is an Immediate Opportunity **********
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
The place of performance is in Greenbelt, MD. Applicants should be local to this area. No relocation
assistance will be provided. Full-time permanent position.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to: email@example.com.
Federal Workers Compensation Specialist (OWCP)
Full-Time Permanent Position, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
(GSFC), Greenbelt, MD