The Millennium Group
46169 Westlake Drive
Sterling, VA 20165
Participants learn to:
- Assess your own work style and habits.
- Assess others’ work styles and habits.
- Choose and implement the most effective managing up practices and tools for their situations.
- Overcome the obstacles that get in the way of good managing up.
- Develop a plan for practicing the skills learned in the session.
Managing up is really the art of relationship management, but you don’t have to be an artist to
master it. Managing up is comprised of a bit of all of the following things: observing, listening, asking
questions, challenging your assumptions, trusting your intuition, accepting yourself and others as
they are, and good old trial and error.
How do you take care of your leadership and other job duties for which you are responsible AND stay
visible to the senior executives above you? You learn to manage up.
- How do I know I have the boss’ ear?
- How do I figure out my boss’ preferred communication style?
- How do I know if my boss is a mentor or a challenger?
Participants will participate in an interactive session to:
- Build confidence in approaching your manager
- Know when and how to adapt your style to the work at hand
- Take a central role as both team member and leader
We all have ideas that could make our jobs more efficient and our efforts more productive. But often,
we just can’t get our boss to hear us out or give our ideas a chance. How can we feel less frustrated
and get more involved, contribute positive ideas and change, and be recognized as a “leader-in-the-
Managing up is not about telling our superiors what to do. Rather, it's about learning about our style
in relating to our managers. It's also about learning when our styles are not effective and how to
change them to suit the situation.
Key Agenda Topics
- Identifying key moments and opportunities in your relationship with your manager
- Identify your style
- Clarify when and how your style works well
- Identify and eliminate barriers to working together
- Communication techniques that get the message through
- Respond to requests with clarity
- Action plans to change “the way we do things”
more programs available on:
Motivating and Delegating
Coaching and Counseling
Building Productive Teams
Learning how to manage your manager can improve your work environment, give you
greater job satisfaction and sharpen your personal effectiveness.
Since 1998, The Millennium Group International, LLC (TMG) has partnered with clients to build
organizational capacity through a balance of quality services at competitive rates. TMG provides
clients with Professional Training Development solutions to build leadership skills in order to
achieve organizational goals. TMG delivers a variety of training programs from half-day workshops
to blended learning experiences utilizing top subject matter experts. All programs can be
customized to reflect the client‘s unique work culture and business. For instance, we can include
specific industry case studies or add client organization‘s specific forms and processes into the
training. Our objective for every engagement is to maximize the application of learning to the job,
which leads to increased productivity and performance effectiveness.
Professional Development Training
TMG Training Sessions Delivered to You On-Site
The date you choose. The location you want. The results
you need! TMG on-site training is the perfect solution for
training ten employees or launching a company-wide
training effort. It’s affordable, completely customizable
and absolutely hassle-free. You can count on
organizational results that are immediate and